המישביר is just like macy's except not really

so today i made my trip to the "city" which is funny because it's just a small concentration of shops, restaurants, and random stuff.  i had to buy a comforter, sheets, pillow, etc.  my suitemates told me to go to המישביר because it's just like macy's.  well macy's in the states do not do security checks.  nor is it filled with discount looking stuff.  anyways, it took me an hour to find the stuff only because i'm being super cheap.  the bed set was 119 sh, comforter 159 sh and a pillow for 49 sh.  the pillow was free because there was some buy one, get one free or something.  it seemed rather arbitrary.  the tax is 15.50%!!!!  what the hell!  so i ended up paying around 278 sh which is around 70$, which isn't bad.  the buses here are really weird.  the drivers are semi-rude and want to drive everywhere.  yeaaa.  it's 5.9 sh so it's a little expensive, i think.

everyone here is on finals crunch.  semester just ended a week ago so their tests have started.  i feel like i'm bumming again!  but anyways, i was able to meet sarah, one of my fellow exchangers.  she's pretty cool.  haha.  and my suitemate, eleanor, bought me a hebrew peanut snack ( במבה bamba) because she saw me eating peanut butter and as a welcome gift!  how sweet!  :)

finally, my phone was available for pick up!  yay!  it's a crappy bang up phone but whateverrr.  i can call people now, which comes to a grand total of two people!  hahaha.  

i need to brush up on hebrew...  i'm in way over my head here.  what i am doing here??  i don't know.  hopefully things will get better once school starts.  i kind of want to fly back to the states but won't because i'm stubborn... and also if i do fly back, that means this semester has been a complete bust.  no defeat!  

0 comments: